Mamaramma

In the category of "Mommy Blogs": a chronicle of my life in Chicago and wherever it takes me. Stories from my past.

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

The babysitter cancelled...OK, there WAS no babysitter.

Miss Maya had her first audition last night. We drove out to the burbs to this theatre, running late as usual. I was the last one scheduled for the day. The director was this sweet older woman who took Maya out of my hands as I walked in and said, "Here Darling, I'll take the baby. You run to the bathroom and get yourself ready. Then you and Jonathan will talk about your music." She was so authoritative that I did what she said, even though I didn't have to go to the bathroom. But I went anyway. It was like being 7 and having your mom MAKE you go to the bathroom before you drove to Grandma's. I came out and Maya immediately started crying to be back with me, so that's how we did things; I got up on stage with Maya in my arms, sang my uptempo, sang my ballad, and finished the audition. The whole time Maya kind of crooned along with me. It was so much fun! I hope I can do every audition like that - it sure takes the nerves away: having something so much important than this piddly little moment in your arms. But Maya, I am SO GOING TO BLAME YOU if I don't get cast.

The babysitter cancelled...OK, there WAS no babysitter.

1 Comments:

At 6:45 PM, Blogger Amanda B. said...

I didn't realize you were into theater. Very cool. Good luck, hope you get the part!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counter