Mamaramma

In the category of "Mommy Blogs": a chronicle of my life in Chicago and wherever it takes me. Stories from my past.

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

It's over.

Dear chocolate cake,
What a day it's been! You were brought over here last night by a friend, your mom, and she just abandoned you and the plate you rode in on. I don't know how a mother could do that, but there you are now, on my kitchen counter, making those sad eyes at me. Listen, I had some of you last night, and you were delicious, you really were, but we just can't be together all the time. I want my freedom. I starting to see this new salad, and things look like they might work out so... What's that? You're cold? I know I didn't even put any saran wrap around you last night. It's cause, OK, I confess, I wanted you to dry out. I wanted you not to look like you would taste so good. Dammit! It's not working. Why don't I just throw you away, you ask? Well, I don't know. I have a hard time committing. Sometimes, I think maybe I'll just stick my finger in your buttery icing, and just... No No No. Don't do it. I'm gonna do it, chocolate cake. I'm gonna throw you away. It was fun while it lasted, but I've got big dreams, and I don't want anything holding me back. Besides, I've got a date with pizza tonight. No, you don't know him.

It's over.

5 Comments:

At 12:36 PM, Blogger Ern said...

I had a similar relationship with a box of donuts that my husband brought home from work yesterday. Luckily, he took them back this morning.

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger Mamaramma said...

It's like they always say, "Date the donuts. Marry the salad."

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger Greenthumb said...

(clinging to Harlow)My heart was broken by a box of chocolate donuts the other night. (sniff)I've never felt so used and abused. For payback I ate 3 of them and drowned them out with ice cold milk. That will show them. You can't just show up on my counter like that and not expect me to do something about it.

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger Mamaramma said...

It seems like donuts are a real love 'em and leave 'em bunch. You know why? There's a hole in the middle right where the heart should be.

 
At 11:36 PM, Blogger Amanda B. said...

Ah, you are a brave soul. I don't know if I could have been so strong. Bless your heart. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counter