Mamaramma

In the category of "Mommy Blogs": a chronicle of my life in Chicago and wherever it takes me. Stories from my past.

Saturday, March 12, 2005

The jig is up.

I don't feel like I have anything to hide on this blog. I make it a personal policy to not write anything about anyone that I wouldn't tell them personally. Nevertheless, the only person who knows about this thing is Will, my husband, and now my friend Jen - hi Jen!
Jen came over last night for some pad thai and cosmos. She doesn't have a computer at home, so she was checking something online, and discovered this blog left up on the screen. Initially, I was embarrassed. It was like being in 8th grade thinking you're alone at home singing at the top of your lungs to some Jodi Watley song and having the cute boy down the street hear you through the open windows. AGONY! But then I thought, wait a minute, I have nothing to hide.
So why am I still a little embarrassed? Does anyone understand this feeling?

The jig is up.

4 Comments:

At 6:30 PM, Blogger Ern said...

I know what you mean. I just feel silly about it. People who don't keep a blog don't necessarily understand. I used to think it was silly, before I started my own.

I guess if you get it, you get it!

 
At 11:03 PM, Blogger Greenthumb said...

At first I didn't get it either, but now...I'm so hooked. I can't believe how much better I feel now. I feel like I'm connecting on some level for the first time since I moved here. It's made me a much happier person offline, if that makes sense. As for others knowing about it...I was super paranoid with a couple pre-greenie blogs. But now, now I just roll with it. This is a facet of me that I really like A LOT!

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger Susie said...

I know. I still have some ambivalence. I am having a wonderful time with it. I emailed some friends that I thought might "get it," telling them about my new hobby. I've heard from some, and I know some are lurkers. I'm also aware that one of my clients has seen my blog. My work is a complicating factor for me -- therapist. I want my blog to be personal enough that it represents me accurately to the people I'm "meeting," but not with anything that would give a client TMI if they read it. It is such a small world. It's not that I don't acknowledge my faults and my sorrows to my clients, but I do it only in the time and context that I think might be therapeutic or encouraging to them. I don't want them concerned about me and my troubles. I've been thinking of writing thoughts about blogging on my blog. Maybe there will be a day for that -- "What blogging means to me" I'm not sure I'm kidding.

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger Annejelynn said...

dammit - dammit - dammit
I have been trying for days (impatiently, mind you) to leave a comment on your blog, BUT BLOGGER? man, frustrating...

anyhow...#1, I too have NOT really revealed to many that I have a blog...which is weird b/c I'm an entirely open person; TMI all the time (exaggeration really there, but I am very open). Only my father knows and one of my girlfriends, who kinda shrugged and definitely didn't
'get it.' Speaking of that friend, Poppy Johnston (I'm telling everyone about this), she has MS and I'm doing an MS walk on April 9th, here in Vegas. I'm harassing everyone for donations, now including you! It's a good cause! right? right! if you want to donate, I have a link on my blog.

keep up the good work - blogging is a wonderful outlet!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counter