Mamaramma

In the category of "Mommy Blogs": a chronicle of my life in Chicago and wherever it takes me. Stories from my past.

Friday, April 08, 2005

At least I had a Lean Cuisine for dinner!

I'm pathetic. Just because we've had two beautiful days of sun and fun, and then the weather changed all of a sudden to (comparitively) bitter, biting cold is no excuse to act like it's time to get all mopey and depressed, and mix up some cake batter just so you can eat half of it raw with a spatula. There's no reason to do that.

But I did.

And it was delicious.

Now I feel uggghhh though. I'm not a waster, either. I baked the other half in a lovely round pan, and iced it with the half container of icing that I'd been spooning licks out of all week.

And then I had some for breakfast.

I'm here to tell you that my baby girl had grapes, spinach, and cheese for dinner last night. She will hopefully develop better eating habits than I have taken on. It reminds me of when I was 7 or 8 and used to sneak downstairs after everyone had gone to bed so that I could eat spoonfuls of margarine out of the Parkay tub.Or when my friend's family took me on a wonderful road trip across the country through the southwest, to California, through the mountains, and back to Illinois again. My parents made me promise to keep a journal so I'd remember all the new things I was seeing. When they read it, it was all about what I ate at each meal, with nary a mention of Mount Rushmore, or the Napa Valley, or Santa Fe. I did, however, remember to mention that my friend Mary and I got McRibs, and you can't always get a McRib every day of the year. Why was I so crazy???

I'm going to leave you now to do some guilt-driven sit ups and the like. Unfortunately, I have to pass by that cake on my way out of the computer room. Oh, you siren, sing to me some more!

I'll leave you with some pictures of my sunny, happy, girl. She's almost a year now!



So much fun, she's gonna throw up!

At least I had a Lean Cuisine for dinner!

8 Comments:

At 12:51 PM, Anonymous mrtl said...

She's so cute! I thought my Bug had a lot of hair.

My husband went out of town yesterday (back today). I won't be telling him this, but I ate:
4 poptarts, a big chunk of my Cadbury Dairy Milk Chocolate bar, 2 Pepperidge Farm cookies, ... oh, yeah. I ate a Big Mac meal yesterday. Does the Diet Coke balance that out? (I'm not thinking so, but I'm not going anywhere near the scale.)

I think I have a Lean Cuisine in my freezer. Can we make a commercial?

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger Cat said...

The cuteness! The cuteness! It's killing me! Day-um, girl, you make cute babies.

Incidentally, I am feeling so much better about the handful of almond M&M's and the bowl of popcorn I ate for breakfast.

Um, kinda.

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger Mamaramma said...

mrtl - I fessed up to my husband right away (he was working at the time) to try to make him feel guilty about leaving me alone to my own devices. He still went to work today though! So that didn't work! And yes, that would be a kick-ass commercial. Lean Cuisine - to make up for all the other crap you ate today!

cat - almond M&M's = protein, popcorn = vegetable. Sounds like yo had a breakfast of champions!

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Going across the country and keeping a food journal cracked me up! My kinda girl. I have to find some pictures of LG at about that age, there's a remarkable resemblance, especially in the cheekage. Maya is yummy. She is so obviously very well-loved.

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Hi, it's Fri. night. Just to answer you about Mouse, no I was other skirry places; I was talking like Mouse, but no, I haven't seen the little guy. I miss him too.

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger Mamaramma said...

Susie - I would Looooove to see some mini-LG photos. I can't decide if I want Maya to grow up or stay this way forever. Darn it all, I know I have to choose soon, cause she's not just gonna grow up without my say so... right?

 
At 5:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

NSU - 4ever, 5210 - rulez
mudila
mudila

 
At 5:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Howdy I am so thrilled I found yоur web site, I rеallу
founԁ you by mistake, while I wаs browsіng on Bing fοr something else, Nonеthеleѕs I am hеге now and would just like to say сheers for a marѵelous post and a all гound
thrilling blog (I alѕo loѵe the themе/ԁеsign),
I ԁon’t hаve tіme to look over it all аt the moment but I have
book-mаrkеd it and аlso includеd
your RSS feeds, so when Ӏ hаve timе
І will be back tο reaԁ a lot morе, Please
do keep up the fantаstic work.

Also visit mу web page :: Coffee Pure Cleanse And Colo Cleanse Pro

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counter