Mamaramma

In the category of "Mommy Blogs": a chronicle of my life in Chicago and wherever it takes me. Stories from my past.

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

The Bird is One!

Whew! What a long weekend. I'm here to report that the birthday party was a success, mostly gauged by the fact that Maya took a nice long nap and woke up 15 minutes before the guests were to arrive. Then she looked like this:

Birthday Girl

We realized that her future was probably going to be very bright, and that she might want to wear some shades.

Cool Cat - Meow!

Once that was accomplished, we let the masses in, we ate sandwiches and dips especially prepared for this day of birth, we opened gifts, we killed a cake:

The Great Cake Massacre

(That part was sad. What did that cake ever do to anyone except be delicious? Ah well. It was a sacrifice to the gods of birth.)
Then we went outside and played made up games with a bouncy ball and a 6 year old on a busy street. The 6 year old in question is my neice, and I don't know how many times I heard, "[6 Year Old] DO NOT GO IN THE STREET! " She went home in one piece, I am happy to report.

DSC00389

All in all, it was a great party. The only sad part (besides the death of the cake that we all maliciously rejoiced over) was that Maya still has a problem sitting on her great grandmas' laps. And that makes them sad. And that makes me sad. We'll have to get them together more often.

Now I must check in with all of you lovely people. How were your weekends?

The Bird is One!

13 Comments:

At 6:39 AM, Blogger Cat said...

Ooooh, the cuteness! It's excruciating! I never knew there were children out there almost as heartbreakingly adorable as my own... Nice to know.

So, did you go gently-used or brokeback retail? Hmmm? Regardless, good choice, 'cause AAAA-DOOOORABLE.

 
At 8:55 AM, Anonymous mrtl said...

Happy Birthday Maya-Bird! The dress is beautiful!

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger Annejelynn said...

what a lil' cutie patootie you've got there! love the shades... I love what babies do when they have them on...lookin' all sly and mischievious = total cuteness

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger Mamaramma said...

cat - I broke down and bought new. It was in the $30 range. I know, ridiculous, but she has 6 months to make me not regret it!

mrtl - Maya says, "Thanks!" She is such a good talker.

annejelynn - She hasn't taken the shades off since. I think she feels like a private eye.

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger Susie said...

Oh, my heart. You really should be frightened of me, because I wanna steal your kid. I MUST get those old pix of LG scanned. Maya is breaking my heart, in a good way. I thought of you all over the weekend. Beautiful baby, clean house, looks like a wonderful first birthday. Oh, Susie, memorize every smile, every fat baby crease. The time goes SO fast.

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger Greenthumb said...

that baby could cause world piece to occur if the entire world would just 'click' to this sight. that smile is totally infectious so don't let the WHO get wind of it or they'll slap a quarentine on it, when what they need to do is find a way to bottle it up and use it as a cure for so many ills in humanity.

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger Greenthumb said...

Um...that's 'World Peace' by the way...what an idiot.

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger Greenthumb said...

Hey Mamma Susie...email me, I have a question for you.

greenthumb@nwlink.com

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger Mamaramma said...

Susie - Hey - Is that you peeking in my winders? This is the last time I'm a'gonna tell ya. Git outta my flowerbed or I'm a'gonna call the law. Seriously, though - thanks for wanting to steal my child. I think she's pretty cute, too.

Greenjeans - You better work on your spelling, or you, sir, are OUT OF HERE! Affechunitly yers, Mama

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger Ern said...

What a cutie pie! Hitler couldn't possibly produce something so adorable.

 
At 6:01 AM, Blogger Circus Kelli said...

What a little cutie-pie! I LOVE that little dress and those shades!!

 
At 6:25 AM, Blogger Mamaramma said...

Ern - So you say! When she was younger, her hair used to fall in a kind of Hitler way, and if you were to add a little moustache, you would definitley have had a baby Hitler. After Prince Harry's debacle, I'm glad she went as a Sheriff at Halloween!

CK - Thanks!

 
At 11:08 AM, Blogger kalisekj said...

Hey, I have enjoyed...your blog is informative - even entertaining.

I have a halloween sites. They pretty much covers costumes and masks related stuff.

Thanks again and I'll be sure to bookmark you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counter