Mamaramma

In the category of "Mommy Blogs": a chronicle of my life in Chicago and wherever it takes me. Stories from my past.

Monday, April 04, 2005

Mamaramma's Confessions Part I

I have a confession to make. I know that I haven't been updating as much as I used to. I know that I haven't been visiting all of you lovely bloggers' sites as much as I used to, and it's all because of a dark mistress that has come into our lives: cable television. OK - that's not the only reason, but it's a BIG 'UN. It all happened a week ago when we were craving some "live" Deadwood on HBO. It's just so easy. All you have to do is call the RCN number on your screen, and if you're already hooked up to basic cable, as we were, then as soon as you say, "Sign me up." the TV shows all of these wonderful, wonderful shows. From PoweRGirls to Making the Band to Best Week Ever, I can't get enough.
Also, it was my mom's birthday and she and my dad were in town this weekend, plus it's been a lot nicer outside so we've gotten a lot of good stroller time in lately. I know: excuses, excuses, right?
Trivia for you Deadwood'ers: Did you catch that the guy playing Francis Wolcott, George Hearst's gold scout, is the same guy from last season who killed Wild Bill? He's also Mr. Edwards in the Little House remake on ABC, so he's become the new Mr. Western Period Drama. Also, Maddie, the new Madam working with Joanie is the crazy French lady from Lost. These people are getting a lot of work!
To prove to you that my life has not been all television or computer screens, here's a pic from a few days ago:

Beach Combers

Mamaramma's Confessions Part I

6 Comments:

At 3:08 PM, Blogger Greenthumb said...

Whew! Well I'm certainly glad that it was something legit like TV and not something like my dog ate my blog.

great photo.

Don't be a stranger.

 
At 4:07 PM, Anonymous mrtl said...

I read the part about the dude from Deadwood to my husband. We were both like "nuh uh!" and pulled up the HBO site. Wow. Guess he won't be losing the beard while he's there.

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Blogging took me AWAY from TV, and here you go the other way. Takes all kinds. (Although, I have not seen this DEADWOOD that everyone's so hot for; and I really want to, guess I'll rent some for starters.)

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger Greenthumb said...

I'm with Susie, blogging totally took me off the tube and we have a 61" HDTV with loads of shit on it. He loves it. I do love me some Desperate Housewives and on HGTV there's a program called City Gardner...it's hosted by my new TV boyfriend.

 
At 7:25 AM, Blogger Cat said...

Good lord, woman! Don't give me such specific information! All I have to do is CALL?! Stop enabling me!

BTW: Love the picture... I SO want to be out walking on the beach! I HATE you!

Oh, no! I don't really. Honest! Sorry. Spring Break withdrawl's a bitch.

 
At 9:40 AM, Blogger Mamaramma said...

greenjeans - TV has its powers, and I can exercise while watching! Something that's hard to do while typing.
mrtl - oh yes... it is so true. I love that they did that and aren't afraid to use a good actor twice
susie - I highly recommend renting the first season. It would be more fun to watch it in several chunks than waiting week by week. I'd wait for LG's bedtime though -it's pretty violent in places.
cat - Don't hate me because the lake is beautiful. We have to walk through a lot of ugly to get there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counter