Mamaramma

In the category of "Mommy Blogs": a chronicle of my life in Chicago and wherever it takes me. Stories from my past.

Friday, April 22, 2005

Welcome Back, Ollie!


Welcome Back, Ollie!!!
Originally uploaded by Mamaramma.

We just got a call from a college student nearby who took her in last night, fed her, and took good care of her. He was about to make some signs that he found her, but he saw one of our signs first. Thank you everybody for all your good vibes. I am awed by the power of bloggers. I'm ready to start a religion.
By the way, I didn't mention it before, but Ollie is a girl. Ollie is short for Olive Oyl, but I can see why anyone would think it was a boy name. IT USUALLY IS!
I'M SO HAPPPPPPPPY!

PS The weird thing is that before they ever saw the posters, they guessed her name. I don't know how, but the just decided that her name was Ollie, and sure enough...

Welcome Back, Ollie!

13 Comments:

At 1:57 PM, Blogger Susie said...

HOT DAMN AND HALLELUJAH! Kiss that pooch for the Fairchilds!

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

Er...I couldn't have said it better myself, Susie!

YAY on someone finding the pooch!

 
At 2:14 PM, Blogger Mamaramma said...

Susie - That pooch has so many Fairchild kisses coming her way, it isn't even funny.

andrea - I know, right? YAY! I'm still giddy. After devouring some Beggin' Strips (well deserved, I might add), Ollie has fallen into a deep slumber.

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger Circus Kelli said...

WOOOO!! That's wonderful! I'm so glad she's home safe and sound and your family is all back together.

Hugs!

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger PlazaJen said...

Oh my garsh. I am so relieved. I read the post on Amanda B's blog & got very worried. I was so happy to see the good news when I clicked over here! And your daughter is just adorable. Have a restful weekend filled with joy!

 
At 2:40 PM, Blogger Greenthumb said...

I just got out of my meeting and clicked over to see what the latest was...WOOHOOO!!!!

Happy reunions!!!

 
At 3:03 PM, Anonymous mrtl said...

Yippideedippity!

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger Mamaramma said...

Thank you all so much. It's amazing how much support and warmth this computer screen has generated today. Now I can stop worrying and get back to the important business of reading blogs!

 
At 6:21 PM, Anonymous Amanda B. said...

Hoooray! Sorry I called Ollie a boy. Whoops. Glad she is home!

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger Cat said...

Man, we were wishing, and praying, and throwing our karmic mojo around, and BOOM! Ollie is back. I'm a little skerred, actually. We be powerful, y'all. I, for one, shall not take this awesome godlike responsibility lightly. Pinky promise.

That being said, Yay! YAY! Ollie is HOME! I am SO relieved and happy for you.

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger Mamaramma said...

Amanda - No worries. People always think she's a boy by her name. It's kind of like A Boy Named Sue, only she isn't so rough and tumble as all that.

Cat - I know! The internet is a powerful, powerful place. Just don't piss the internet off!

 
At 10:18 PM, Blogger Torrie said...

THANK GOD.

 
At 3:28 AM, Blogger Random and Odd said...

I second almost ever single one of these comments!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counter