Mamaramma

In the category of "Mommy Blogs": a chronicle of my life in Chicago and wherever it takes me. Stories from my past.

Sunday, May 01, 2005

Excuse me, while I kiss this guy!

Maya has always been very affectionate. I thought it was hunger that kept her suckling at my breast the first night of her life for 4 LONG HOURS. Apparently, it was a need to cuddle. I was a new mother. I was learning. I'm still learning. I'm happy to say that weaning issues aside, she is still a very affectionate and cuddling little girl. WHAT? You'd like proof, you say? Well, lucky you. You've come to the right place. I Mamaramma, hereby present my case.

EXHIBIT A:

P2100019
Here's a picture of Maya with a playmate. A mobile playmate. Granted, one may argue that she is trying to cull some of his locomotive powers through osmosis, but I think she's just showing a little love.

EXHIBIT B:

P2100026
Here she is again with the same playmate. He's settled down for a snack, but that doesn't stop her from trying to get a little sugar. Note the surprise on his face. He is not used to such forward women; I can tell.

EXHIBIT C:

P4140024
Here she is with a younger babe; the daughter of a good friend of mine. OK, the camera is taking a lot of her attention, but she is not so distracted to forget to help support the drooping baby. Cuddling in action!

EXHIBIT D:

P4140022
AHA! The babe droops some more. Maya abandons fame for a little volunteer work. What a do-gooder!

EXHIBIT E:

P2250010
Now this is where things get weird. Here she is with another buddy who is younger and more vulnerable. As soon as I let her get near him, though, she attacked. Check out his face. I think he's enjoying the attack! But wait. Things do get weirder:

EXHIBIT F:

P4100006
I caught this shot while babysitting for this little boy one day. I don't think he knew what hit him. Maya may have a career ahead of her in women's football 18 years from now.

EXHIBIT G:

P4100011_1
I think this move is illegal, though.

AND FINALLY, EXHIBIT H:

PC080014
I should have seen it coming. This is how she was kissing her father 8 months ago.

And there you have it: my bear-huggin' little girl. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Excuse me, while I kiss this guy!

10 Comments:

At 10:15 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

Baby kisses are the best! Big, sloppy, wet kisses. What a sweetie!

And I just have to say: FOUR HOURS HER FIRST NIGHT OF LIFE!!! Dang, girlfriend, neither of mine really even figured out how to latch on well the first couple of days! Though once in a while (maybe when teething) Audrey seemed to be latched on for the whole night. Have you ever not rolled over the entire night???

 
At 5:05 AM, Blogger Cat said...

Oh, I SO miss the big, open-mouthed, sloppy wet kisses. And baby kisses, too!

What a beautiful baby you have. And so photogenic! I am SO not kidding. Maya needs to be a model, I tell you what! My absolute fave shot is Exhibit G. TOO. ADORABLE. Love it! Thanks for sharing her sweetness.

 
At 5:56 AM, Anonymous Amanda B. said...

Oh, I am overcome with all of the cuteness. What a little sweetheart Maya is!

 
At 6:34 AM, Blogger Circus Kelli said...

Awwww! I love sloppy juicy baby kisses! :)

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger Mamaramma said...

andrea - Yes. The pediatrician came into our hospital room the next morning and I asked him if that was normal. He let me know then that I was her personal pacifier, and that maybe that wasn't the best thing to be.

cat - I've often thought that your entire family should be models. Maybe we can throw Maya in there with you guys when you shoot your next Disney World shot (or something equally familial), and everyone can wonder where this dark baby came from!

amanda b - Yes, she is a sweetheart... most of the time. Hey - I really loved your last post.

CK - I do, too. Sometimes a little less drool would be convenient, say, when she's kissing the dog, but it'll all boost her immune system, I say!

 
At 10:21 AM, Anonymous mrtl said...

She is so cute, even when she's molesting others!

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger Susie said...

Someone once talked about, "the unbearable cuteness of being," which is just what we have here. Yummy baby. I love the "hanging on to my man" pix. "Don't go, please don't go..."

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger Greenthumb said...

Exhibit C & H: (hmmmm is this coincedence...maybe.) I think these are the sweetest for me. Nothing can make my paternal yearnings tingle like daddies and their kiddles. That last one is a treasure.

She is so dang cute.

 
At 9:05 PM, Blogger Mamaramma said...

mrtl - Yes, unfortunately, Maya makes molestation cute in some cases. It's creepy to say, but I'm gonna second that emotion.

susie - thanks! You know, I'm feeling a little LG withdrawal! What's she up to nowadays? Any parties? Any punishment essays? I need a fix.

greenie - I love them too. I'll have to post the best one ever on my Flickr account. I'll let you know when it's up.

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger Annejelynn said...

SHE IS AHH-DOOR-RAH-BUL! yup, it's official - Leta has competition.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counter