Mamaramma

In the category of "Mommy Blogs": a chronicle of my life in Chicago and wherever it takes me. Stories from my past.

Monday, August 29, 2005

Were you wondering where I was???

It's been a long summer. From Chicago to Montana to Vegas to L.A. to Vegas again, we have traveled like happy, stinky soldiers. Wha? We have only now learned the value of budgeting and the pitfalls of having to drive all over the country with the current gas prices. Maya has grown and grown and grown. She's walking, she's singing the alphabet, she's counting to 13 (seems unlucky to me), she's learning to swim, she's studying Kabbalah... just kidding. Will survived his crazy Teaching Institute in L.A. and came out on top. He was selected out of 600 some people to deliver the commencement address, and is kind of amazing as I always knew he was. Today is his first day of school in Vegas. I've been the tag along support system through the summmer hiking like crazy in Montana and wondering what the hell to do with Maya, Ollie, and myself in West Hollywood, and now finally entering the world of the employed here in Vegas. Ollie doesn't know where she is, and is happy as long as she gets her standard 8 hours of napping a day.

Here are some photos from our summer!


Crossing the Mississip
Our first stop on the 3 DAY TRIP.

We have to stop at Wall Drug
It's tradition now.

Rodeo Queen
Wall Drug offers many delights...

Maybe not...
...though Maya did not find this one so delightful

Miss Maya awakens. I'll have to finish this another time.

Were you wondering where I was???

8 Comments:

At 3:28 PM, Blogger mrtl said...

Oh EXCITEMENT! I haven't even read yet. Welcome back!!

 
At 5:47 PM, Blogger Greenthumb said...

OMG! OMG! OMG!
I'm with mrtl, I haven't even read it yet. I saw new photo's on Flickr...then I thought, maybe. Just maybe. So I clicked over to my list and then on your blog!

I got this huge-a-mongus smile and started dancing the greenie happy dance. I'm so happy to have you back.

I have MISSED YOU!!! XO XO XO

 
At 7:05 PM, Blogger Mama Duck said...

I found you at mrtl's just tonight, so honestly, I wasn't wondering where you were but ONLY because I didn't know you yet! :)

Miss Maya is quite the well traveled toddler!

 
At 6:42 AM, Blogger Circus Kelli said...

Wooo! I'm so glad you're back! Wonderful!

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Woo hoo! I thought we might see you, once school started. This is so exciting!

 
At 1:59 AM, Blogger Admin said...

Great blog, keep up the good work. Glad to see sites like this.

Here is another good site I said I would pass along.
Las Vegas
Thanks

 
At 3:42 AM, Blogger Admin said...

What a great blog. Wish there were more like this.

fear and loathing in las vegas

 
At 8:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! Fitted seat covers for cars mens sterlin silver id bracelet cover sheet for fax thrifty car rental Ball hoosier lotto number power winning Play texas holdem free How to win louisiana powerball http://www.honda-dealership.info/californialottoofficialsuper.html in mesotherapy new york

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counter